Senior class council prepares for second ‘Senior Days’ since hiatus

Becca Hurd, Crier Staff

The year may be coming to an end, but for Saint Anselm 2017 seniors, the fun is not over yet. Following finals, the senior class will be returning to campus to celebrate with “Senior Days,” a few days of events for only the class of 2017 to spend together before commencement.

These few days, beginning May 17, will include exciting events such as a boat cruise, luau, a trip to Mount Sunapee, and senior Olympics. The events were brought back in 2016 after a hiatus during which the events were instead held sporadically throughout the year. Dean Joseph Horton explained, “Senior days were reintroduced last year after several years of integrating one senior event per month into the college’s schedule of events.”

In regards to the goal of rearranging the days into a way to end the year, Dean Horton said, “In addition to the obvious goal of providing members of the senior class with a final opportunity to enjoy the campus with classmates, we look upon this time as an ‘alumni orientation’ opportunity.”

The events of the class of 2017’s last few days together have been in the making for far longer than most would assume. Senior Class President Robbie Merritt said, “The entire senior class council has put in a ton of work during the long and detailed process of planning the Senior Days. We know that these will be the last few days we all spend together, and so we worked hard to make sure that they’ll be a special time for everyone.”

Vice President of the Class of 2017, Amy Vachon, agreed, saying “Our class council has been working diligently this entire year for the Class of 2017 Senior Days. We based most of our planning off of the successes of last year’s events. Our council has kept the traditional senior events such as Senior Boat Cruise, while continuing the Senior Days’ Class Olympics and Luau.”

Vachon concluded by saying, “We are so excited to see our hard work come to fruition, and celebrate a great four years!”