Days of Giving ’17 most successful on record

Caitlin D'Amato, Crier Staff

Days of Giving is an annual event which encourages the entire campus community to donate in honor of their favorite “Anselmian Moments” here on campus as well as for different amenities such as residential life, athletics, academics, etc. Saint Anselm College introduced this fundraising event on campus on June 17, 2015.

This year, the annual fundraising event took place on March 22-23. During this two day period, 1,429 gifts were brought in giving us a total of $544,464.47 which exceeded the college’s goal.

Over the two day period, all 28 members of the monastic community made gifts, several college departments had 100% participation, and hundreds of volunteers ranging from monks to parents assisted by spreading the word via social media, telephone calls, emails, etc. In addition, gifts came in from across campus and across the world, ranging from various departments on campus to as far away as Indonesia.

The President of Saint Anselm College, Steven R. DiSalvo, was beyond gracious of the outpour of support from the campus community. He stated that, “March 22 and 23 were an amazing show of college spirit, and every donation made in honor of an Anselmian Moment goes a long way towards making sure that we can continue to provide those moments for our students today, tomorrow and always.”

In addition, Julia Connolly ’19, stated “It is such an honor to go to a school where the community comes together to show their support. I’m so grateful to be able to give back to the place I’m happy to call home.”

Some of the Anselmian Moments that students gave for include: $13 in honor of the 130 miles walked by students during Road for Hope; $27 for the 27th year of Service and Solidarity Missions; $50 for the 50th Anniversary of the Abbey Church; $98 in honor of the 98% of Saint Anselm students who receive financial aid; and $130 in honor of the 130 NHIOP Student Ambassadors.

Jim Flanagan, senior vice president for college advancement stated that this years Day of Giving “was a team effort on behalf of the entire college advancement team but Kathy Flynn, Executive Director of Annual Giving, was responsible for creating and executing the plan.  She put countless hours in to this successful fundraiser.”