Annual Days of Giving: there are 1,889 anselmian reasons to give this year

Emma Bishop, Guest Writer

Saint Anselm’s 4th annual Days of Giving campaign will take place March 21st and 22nd this year.  This 48-hour fundraising challenge is hosted by the office of Annual Giving, who strives to promote giving back to the college through generous donations.  

The success of these two days will be possible only with a collective effort made by faculty, staff, students, alumni, family, and friends of the college in hopes of advancing the future of Saint Anselm.  Last year’s Days of Giving was extremely successful thanks to over 1,400 Anselmian donors.  This year we hope to bring together the largest number of donors yet with a goal of 1,500! Days of Giving goals are participation based; therefore no gift too small, even a dollar, will make an impact on this day!

Why give?  Saint Anselm is a nonprofit institution, which depends on philanthropic support to ensure an Anselmian experience for all who step foot on our campus.  Unfortunately, tuition alone does not cover every expense of this experience and many students rely on financial aid or scholarships to become a part of our community.  Our community atmosphere is reinforced through giving back, while the college’s ranking in publications like U.S. News & World Report advances.  In addition, we want to strengthen the future of the Hilltop so that Anselmians every year have the same impactful experience.  Plain and simple, the world needs more Anselmians and you can help by giving back!

How can you help? Make a gift of any size on March 21st and 22nd to leave your mark on Saint Anselm College.  Best of all, you can choose how you give back!  Designate your gift to your favorite academic department, a student-run club or organization, an athletics team, Anselmian scholarships, Campus Ministry, the Meelia Center, or wherever you see fit.  Your gift will have an immediate impact on students and the overall mission of our Benedictine values.  

Students will get the opportunity to celebrate and give early on Tuesday, March 20th during a kickoff event in the Coffee Shop and Pub with prizes and free food (more details to come). Throughout those two days, there will be on campus activities for Days of Giving so be sure to follow @AnselmianAlumni on twitter and keep an eye out for more exciting news in your mailbox.

Make sure you stay connected throughout Days of Giving for exciting news about the campaign’s progress: snap it, tweet it, share it on Facebook, and use #AnselmainGiving to spread the word.  There are 1,889 Anselmain reasons to give to Saint Anselm and probably more! Which one is yours?

If you are interested in helping out with Days of Giving, or are looking for more information about the event, please do not hesitate to reach out to Erin Keefe, Assistant Director of Annual Giving at [email protected]