My way for SGA – Vote for Emma Bishop, Brandon Pratt

Andrew Shue, Crier Staff

The first time I met Emma Bishop was during freshmen year when I attempted to run for Class of 2018 Vice President – I lost. Little did I know that experience for Emma would be transformative in the shape of someone who didn’t want to just run for office to win but for someone who wanted to run for office to change the status quo. Surprise, surprise.

Emma is the current President of the Student Body. Similarly, I met Brandon in Problems of Liberty, a politics class; through this experience I came to personally know the smart, ambitious and well-mannered man that is currently the Vice President of the student body.

Emma and Brandon have ventured through SGA together in different positions and have found common ground on the simple fact that they wanted to change Saint A’s for everyone and make government care for the school in return. To continue this progress and to preserve the legacy they have created here at St. A’s the choice for SGA’s future is simple – Emma and Brandon.

Emma and Brandon have accomplished some monumental feats already as SGA’s senior leadership. They’ve worked to reclassify student fees to go directly to student programming that would better the experience of all St. Anselm’ students. Excited for the Roger and Francine Jean Student Center? They both personally worked with planners and the administration as well as numerous student organizations to best plan the new space to become the center of campus life for all.

Emma and Brandon have also launched two novel campaigns on campus, Respect the Nest; to improve awareness of the mess created each weekend and Hawk Advantage, which enables students to enjoy their favorite treats at a reduced price.

While their accomplishments stand to speak for themselves Emma and Brandon have an ambitious agenda ahead of them including but not limited to – implementing the pass/fail resolution passed last year and increasing parking on campus. They have also been on a prolonged quest to lobby the Board of Trustees for a Student Representative in order to better articulate the voice of the student body to one of the school’s most influential institutions.

Emma and Brandon also look forward to working increase the involvement of SGA within the lives of students to better gauge what could be done better around the school. They also will tirelessly work to continuing to promote diversity on campus and increasing the rights and status of the LGBT community.

I am proud to have worked with Emma and Brandon along the way to increase all aspects of life at St. A’s to the student body and hope to continue doing so. There is no doubt that the pair have a driven sense of purpose in making their school a better place for everyone else while reaching out for feedback about their initiatives at the same time.

I hope that come SGA Elections you, like I, will vote for Emma and Brandon for SGA.

Get to know the candidates! Emma Bishop is a Junior Politics and Criminal Justice major from Swampscott, MA and is also a Kevin B. Harrington Student Ambassador at the NHIOP. She is Captain of the Dance Team and a member of the Elizabeth Seaton Society. Brandon Pratt is a Junior Politics major from Concord, NH and is a Kevin B. Harrington Student Ambassador Co-Chairman of the Civic Engagement Committee; he is also part of the New Hampshire Federation of College Republicans.

In Emma and Brandon’s free time you will probably see them busily planning for an upcoming Senate meeting and talking to students about what they would like to see changed on campus.