President DiSalvo appointed to NAICU Board

Alisha del Llano, Crier Staff

President Steven DiSalvo was recently one of eight new members to be appointed to the Board of Directors of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU).

For his three year term, he will represent Region I, consisting of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Three year terms are given to members, while officers serve one year terms.

Founded in 1976, the NAICU is the national public policy association for the nation’s private, non-profit colleges and universities and represents 950 member institutions and over three million students on policy issues with the federal government, including student aid, taxation, and government regulation.

NAICU board members have a strong say in federal higher education policy, and oversee the organization’s financial administration; they actively encourage support of association priorities and initiatives.

“I’m honored to have been chosen to serve on the Board,” said President DiSalvo. “Particularly as we face so many new challenges in independent higher education today, NAICU’s advocacy on policy issues and communication of our value to the national public interest are vital.”

President DiSalvo added that “I look forward to continuing that important work with the new Chair, Dr. John McCardell, and my fellow Board members.”