Bookstore celebrates 30th anniversary with Follett at re-opening

Ashley Dumon, Crier Staff

Saint Anselm College and Follett recently gave the campus bookstore a remodel and a new interior design that took about nine days to complete. On January 28th, Saint Anselm’s bookstore had its grand re-opening event with a ribbon cutting ceremony. The event featured prizes, such as cash, gift cards, clothing, an Android tablet and refreshments. The event also included live music performances by the Chamber Music Ensemble, Saint Anselm Jazz Club, and Alex Lemay-Kimball Class of 2016, who played the piano.

Harry Dumay, Saint Anselm College’s Vice President of Finance and CFO, Peg Bourque, Saint Anselm College’s Associate Vice President of Treasury and Auxiliary Services, and Kristen Nolan, Follett’s Regional Manager, were the guest speakers at this grand re-opening event.

After this remodel, the Saint Anselm bookstore now has a new layout, as well as other added features that add a new modernized feel to it. It also has a new layout that opens up the overall space and allows customers to find products easier and includes a new seating area for students to relax.

At the bookstore, there are more products available for sale such as new convenience food options and college merchandise. They also have new Vineyard Vines Shirts available among other Saint Anselm products.

Saint Anselm College and Follett have been partners together for 30 years. With them as a joined force, the college has access to over 6,000 publishers and inventory of course materials for its teaching staff and students to use. Follett provides face-to-face customer service and cost saving programs for buying, selling, and renting books.

The bookstore has also extended its hours for this spring semester. They will be open Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 to 8:00, Fridays from 8:30 to 6:00, and Saturdays from 10:00 to 4:00. Make sure to check out the latest additions that the bookstore and Follett have worked so hard to provide to the college community.