Question on the quad: Halloween edition What is the creepiest thing that has ever happened to you?

Mariana Stauble, Crier Staff

Isabelle Brady ’26

“When I was younger and had just moved into my new house, I often woke up in the middle of the night and would see things in the dark but always played it off as my mind playing tricks on me. But one night I woke up with the feeling I wasn’t alone and that I was being watched. I looked at the end of my bed and saw a very distinct silhouette of a woman in a colonial style dress with her hair in a bun. She just stood there at the end of my bed tucking a baby into a crib. I stared at her for what felt like forever, too scared to move. Finally, after I had built up enough courage, I jumped out of my bed and ran to my parents’ room, but when we came back there was no one there. I can’t explain it, but I’m not 100% sure it was my mind playing tricks on me.”  Isabelle Brady ’26

Julia Smith ’25

“One of the scariest things that happened to me was when the gas pedal stopped working while I was driving. I was in the middle of the road too so that was even scarier. ” Julia Smith ’25

Maggie Fanning ’26

“My creepiest Halloween scare was probably when I was trick-or-treating as a kidand had to go through a dark tunnel that someone had constructed on their lawn. It rattled, made spooky noises, and was so dark, but when I got through I got my candy. Then I was chased by a ghoul with a chainsaw all the way to the mailbox!” Maggie Fanning ’26

Hope Laurel ’25

“In my dorm room last year (freshman year), I had a string of lights that turned on by themselves. They were battery operated so it couldn’t have been done by someone flipping a switch! Then the same thing happened to my roommate right in front of both of us and it was the craziest thing!” Hope Laurel ’25

Keidy Lopez ’25

“There was this one time when I was still in the Dominican Republic when there was this one day block-wide power outage and my mom, my sister, and I heard someone picking at the locks of our apartment. They never broke in but the amount of time me and my sister spent hiding in our room was terrifying.” Keidy Lopez ’25

Erik Bishop ’24

“My mom and I were leaving the Tennessee Performing Arts Center back when I was in 6th grade and we ended up getting lost in Nashville. It was midnight too so that did not help things.” Erik Bishop ’24