Question on the Quad:

I think about the Roman Empire far less than I believe I should. I was unaware of this trend for a long time, which had regrettably influenced my lack of thought on such a glorious age. That being said, I have been thinking about the Roman Empire a lot more often now than I used to, which has drastically improved my mental state. Christian Bolanos ‘24 

I think of the Roman Empire every day not because I enjoy it. I think about it because I’m plotting to destroy it with the celtic tribes. John Anglum ‘26

I think of the Roman Empire all the time considering my Roman Empire is Taylor Swift. It’s definitely because she’s perfect in every way shape and form. Madigan Keating ‘26

I’d say Iprobably think about the Roman Empire once every couple of months. Sometimes it pops up in a church reading here and there but other than that I can’t say it crosses my mind too often. Julia Smith ‘25

As a history major I think of the Roman Empire a few times a week. I think about all the innovations that they created. I also think about how expansive and impressive the achievements of the empire were. I would say I think about it a lot more aftervisiting Rome during study abroad. John Anthony Risso ‘24 

I think of the roman empire all the time because of my classical archeology major, I’ve taken classes where my literally job is to think about it. I also went to Rome this summer on an archeological dig to think about it more. Hope Jensen ‘25