Events celebrate alumni, 50 years of women’s education

What are some great gifts for Valentine’s Day? Some say chocolate or a romantic, candlelight dinner. How about sending postcards to Saint Anselm alumni? 

A collaborative effort between the Student-Alumni Association and College Advancement brought about a new tradition to the Hilltop: Love our Alumni Week. Throughout the week, students were asked to fill out postcards that the college can send to alumni volunteers and donors. According to Alina Basilone, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, “Love Our Alumni Week is all about sending love from the Hilltop and thanking alumni volunteers and donors for all they do for Saint A’s!”

The project was taken up by Basilone who did a similar event at her previous institution. Basilone is a new member of the Saint Anselm community, and expressed her excitement for bringing the project to the college. “I was happy to bring this past experience to the Hilltop.” 

There was a good turnout for the program’s first year. Basilone noted, “We have had about 800 postcards turned in so far which will go out in the following weeks. We hope it will help alumni feel appreciated and bond our on-campus community to those around the country and world.”

The 50th Anniversary of Women’s Education Steering Committee announced a spring semester schedule of events, dedicated to honoring the 50th anniversary of women’s admission to all College programs and women’s contributions to the community since.

Wednesdays of Lent: February 21, 28; March 6, 13, 20, 27

A virtual retreat: Sapientia: Women, Wisdom and the Word Each week an alumna along with guest speaker for Easter will present a reflection on the upcoming Sunday’s readings with emphasis on the Gospel text. This will be a mid-day/mid-week pause for reflection and renewal.

Sunday, March 10, 2024 Laetare Sunday Communion Breakfast

Women in the Old Testament: Victors, Victims, Virgins and Voices

A pastoral reflection and presentation offered by Professor Ahida Pilarski, Theology Department.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024 The New Hampshire Institute of Politics & Politics Department will host a discussion on Women in the Public Square: Political and Civic Engagement

Tuesday, April 9, 2024 The Office of Campus Ministry and the Council on Being Catholic and Benedictine welcome Dr. Meghan Clark for a lecture titled “Dignity and Agency: Catholic Social Teaching and the Lives of Women.”

Thursday, April 25, 2024 Women in Philosophy
Professor Joshua Tepley and the students in PH 220 Women in Philosophy will host a panel discussion of alumnae philosophy majors to discuss the role and contribution of women in Philosophy. Learn how these women used their Philosophy major as a catalyst to personal growth and professional success.

Thursday, April 25, 2024 50 Years of Saint Anselm

Women in Leadership – The Economics and Business Department in partnership with the Women in Business Club and the Professional Development Initiative will host a hybrid panel session and networking event.

Saturday, May 18, 2024 131st Commencement Exercises

Lauren Chooljian ’10 will be the commencement speaker during Saint Anselm College’s 131st commencement exercises.