Time flies, make the most of it

As spring break dawns, the undergratuate emerges from his den. Without a meal plan, he must be resourceful.

Looking at the calendar is suddenly more frightening than looking at my bank account. 

I’m sure many of us have been eagerly counting down the days to spring break. Now I’m realizing that once we get back, it’s less than two weeks until Easter and then it will be April, which brings to mind the annual pinning ceremony and senior events. Then, in the blink of an eye, the class of 2024 will be lowering its banner and turning its tassels!

This is also the time of year where work starts to become more taxing, exams loom larger, and warm weather kills all our motivation. 

As a senior, I would offer the following advice to all students. When things get tough, you don’t want to go to class or do that assignment, remember the privilege that we have to be here. There won’t be another time in our lives where we can learn for the sake of learning. 

I remember this mantra being especially true while I worked on my senior thesis last semester. Throughout all the stress, I reminded myself that after this year I wouldn’t get to experience another Saint A’s and that inspired me to keep going.

Of course, it is also important to make the most of all the fun times the Hilltop has to offer. Get your meals to-go and have picnics on the quad. Take walks, toss a frisbee, drive with the windows down and listen to music. Go to fun events on campus and make memories with friends. 

So, despite the panic-inducing moment of seeing how fast these spring months are passing, remember to live in the moment and savor every moment you have here.