St. A’s is included in top 100 national liberal arts colleges

Emily Craig, Editor-in-Chief

The College received the news this past week that it is now included in the top 100 best national liberal arts colleges.

In an email sent school-wide, the President of the College stated, “As we begin this academic year, I am very pleased to share with you some exciting and unprecedented news regarding the college’s 2019 U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges ranking, which was released today. For the first time ever, Saint Anselm College is included in the top 100 best national liberal arts colleges, ranked #95 out of just under 1,400 schools defined as those that emphasize undergraduate education and award at least half their degrees in the arts and sciences.

The college was first listed in the ranking in 2011, in which Saint Anselm College was ranked at #139. Last year, the college was ranked at #106. Williams College in Williamstown, MA, is ranked as number one.

“With consistent dedication to academic excellence,” said President DiSalvo in the same email, “we have continued to rise above our peer and competitor institutions to take our place among the top 100 schools in the country. This is an achievement of which every Anselmian should be proud, as it was made possible by the combined dedicated efforts of every member of our community to always serve the needs and best interests of our students.”

St. Michael’s College in Colchester, VT, was ranked at #116 in National Liberal Arts Colleges, which is the same list in which St. A’s is ranked at #95. Stonehill College in Easton, MA, is close behind at #124 and Assumption College in Worcester, MA, lies at #28 in Regional Universities North.

At the end of his statement, President DiSalvo said, “Thank you for all you do to make Saint Anselm College the outstanding living learning community recognized among the best in the nation today.”