Women’s soccer continues a tradition of tenacious play

Devon Sherman, Crier Staff

Women’s soccer started the weekend with two dominating wins against the universities of Nyack and Caldwell. The Hawks then played a tough game against Pace University where they lost 2-0.

The Hawks dominated Caldwell from the start of the game to the end with a 5-1 win. The goal scorers were forwards sophomore Caly Farina, freshman Suzanne Cotter, and junior Madison Sarra (2). The Hawks also got a goal from freshman midfielder Nicole Scarfo.

The Hawks played up tempo and dominated their opponent. The freshmen were very impressive in front of their new coach, Joel Bancroft.  

An impressive performance came from freshman midfielder Nicole White, who had four assists. The freshman stepped up in this game and the next one as the Hawks went on to win 5-0 against Nyack College.

The Hawks’ goal scorers were sophomore defender Delaney Bartol, junior forward Corey Murray (2), senior midfielder Jessica Kaufman, and sophomore midfielder Katelyn McCoole. Assists were dished out from every position of the field by freshman defenders Bailey Conti and Nicole White, junior forward Corey Murray and McCoole, who scored earlier in the game, and senior defender Alex Elowitch.

The team all around went from dominating their past two past opponents to getting dominated by a very good Pace team.

The goalscorers for Pace were both from midfielder Emma Sianan. The assists came from senior midfielder Ariel Almodovar, and junior forward Victoria Kealy.

Pace dominated most of the game and lead SOT 4-3. Both of Pace’s goals came from beautiful crosses.

Two dominating wins makes the weekend one of glee for the Hawks. Saint Anselm finished the weekend 2-1 and will go onto to face Southern New Hampshire University on Sept. 13th, away at Larkin Field at 4 pm in what will be a great back to back game with the Men’s soccer team playing at 7:00 pm.