Offices moving out of Cushing Center

Caitlin D'Amato, Crier Staff

One of the biggest changes on campus this year will be the renovation and expansion of the student center. Currently, some of the offices located in Cushing have been moved while others still remain in the building.

President DiSalvo revealed that there was an option to keep offices in the building as it was renovated. However, the college decided to vacate the building to cut down on construction time.

The mail center in Cushing has been boarded up and moved to Sullivan Arena.
Crier\Tim Mannila

Some of the offices that have moved are: Campus Mail Center (mezzanine of Sullivan Arena), Office of Study Abroad (behind IT help desk in Geisel Library), and Campus Ministry (lower level of Abbey Church).

Meanwhile, the following offices will be moved come mid-September: Meelia Center (across the street at 72 Anselm Drive), Student Activities (across the street at 52 Anselm Drive), and the Office of Conference and Event Services (Sullivan Arena).

The following offices are still in the planning stages of their new locations: Multicultural Center, Student Government Association, Academic Advisory Services, Academic Resource Center, and the Campus Health Center.

One professor, who shall remain anonymous, expressed concern because the Cushing Student Center has long catered to the needs of commuter students as a place to study and socialize.

The increasing amount of students studying in the library may suggest the displacement of commuter students.

Currently, Cushing is still open for students to gather and do homework.