Annual Days of Giving: We are all Anselmian

Erin Lally, Guest Writer

On April 4th and 5th, Saint Anselm’s fifth annual Days of Giving will take place. In just 48 hours we hope to break records and invite 2,024 individuals to give back to what has made them Anselmian. Each gift represents one student on the hilltop. This 48-hour fundraising challenge is hosted by the office of Annual Giving whose mission is to promote paying it forward to the college in the form of generous donations.

This campaign highlights what it means to be Anselmian. The campaign’s success relies on 100% of our effort. Last year’s Days of Giving broke records thanks to generous donations from over 2,500 Anselmians. Our goal for 2019 is to receive one gift in honor of each student on the Hilltop. Yes, that is 2,024 to be exact! Days of Giving is participation based, which means no gift is too small, your participation alone will help us reach our goal.

Why give? Saint Anselm’s success is reinforced through giving back, every gift made makes a direct impact on the college’s ranking in publications like the U.S. News and World Report. Last year, we reached the top 100 for best liberal art colleges. With our support it does not have to stop there. Our gifts can make an impact on the future of Saint Anselm and shape Anselmian experiences for generations to come. Saint Anselm College is a nonprofit institution which depends on philanthropic support to ensure all students have the opportunity to become a part of our community. Tuition alone only covers eighty percent of the cost of our academic year. Many students rely on scholarships and financial aid to join our community. Generous donations ensure that every student who steps foot on the Hilltop has access to scholarships that allow them to advance both academically and spiritually.

You can help by making a gift of any size on April 4th and 5th. Most importantly, you can choose where you want to leave your mark. Our Anselmian identifiers are unique to each of us, we understand that and want every donor to give back to the areas of campus that has shaped them. Choose where you would like your gift allocated whether that be your favorite academic department, a student-run club or organization, to undergraduate research, the Meelia Center, an athletics team or wherever you see fit. Your gift will have an immediate impact on the students of today.

Where can you find us? Track our campaign’s success live on Give Campus throughout the 48-hours and check out our heatmap to see where the Hilltop has taken our Alumni. Keep an eye out for student-centered pop-up events and giveaways around campus throughout the two days by following @AnselmianAlumni on Twitter. Become a campus advocate, tweet it and share our progress on Facebook, using #AnselmianGiving to spread the word. There are 2,024 students on the Hilltop and 20,000 alumni worldwide but no matter where we are or how we break it down, we are all 100% Anselmian. Together, we can invest in our shared future.