Class of ’15 events begin with senior casino night

Sean Fesko, Crier Staff

Approximately 320 members of the Class of 2015 gathered in the Cushing Student Center on Saturday October 18 for Casino Night, the first of many seniors-only events for the year.

Seniors played games such as blackjack, Texas hold ’em, craps, roulette, casino war and the color wheel.

Class President Colleen Tracy said that the choice to hold Casino Night was made due to its popularity in the past.

“We decided to continue with the tradition,” she said. “It was great to see our class roll the dice and test their luck while having a fun night with fellow classmates.”

In order to win one of the prizes, a raffle was held with every $1,000 worth of chips exchanged for a raffle ticket.

Prizes ranged from gift cards to Chipotle and Starbucks (among others), cash, Bluetooth speakers and even a SAC diploma frame.

While he didn’t score any of the prizes, senior Mike Grant said the memory of spending time with his friends was the best part of the night.

“Being a senior is extremely bittersweet,” he said. “I have never had enough fun in my entire life; however, I know that I’m almost at the end of my time here.”

Though there is less than a year until graduation, he is not in any rush to get to mid-May.

“I am looking forward to being able to be a college kid for as long as I can,” he shared, adding that “I would do this event, along with every other event I have done at Saint Anselm all over again.”